Saturday, June 2, 2012

Mockingjay Review



This book, no, this series caused me to have so many emotions for  these characters I didn't know what to do with myself. I don't really know how to give a proper review of this book.

I liked it and hated it all in one. I was so excited when they rescued Peeta, and then he had his issues due to being hijacked, and any instance where he and Katniss were together, that when it was killing her to be around him it was killing me just the same. There were some instances where when they were together made me teary eyed.

I was a little sad about Finnick died, but I knew it was going to happen as soon as I found out he was going with them. I had also kind of forgotten he was there until he died. My only question, which I don't think was in the book, was Annie pregnant when he left? I feel like she was, but I don't remember reading about it.

Primrose dying was not new to me, it had already been spilled to me via tumblr. I felt bad for Katniss, but since I knew it was coming I really didn't feel much else about it.

Also, can I just say how happy I was they didn't kill Haymitch. I was so happy! I was also happy that Katniss killed Coin. I never did trust district 13, I never trusted Coin. I'm glad I had reason to.

Now the number one thing I did not like was the ending. I just feel very unsatisfied with it. I think when it boils down to it, i felt like it rushed to the ending. It was like oh yes Peeta is going to bury these bushes in Prim's memory, then we get married and have babies. I just wish we had more of Peeta and Katniss, more of them struggling to deal with their problems. More of them getting to the point where they could get married, and then have the epilogue with them and their children.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end I did really enjoy this series, I just wish there had been more. I will just sit here almost impatiently waiting for the movies to come out. And until then -

May the odds be ever in your favor.




No comments:

Post a Comment