Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Movies / This weekend.

I know, I know. I said this week was going to be my vacation photos, but I have had no time to sort through them and edit which ones I want to edit. Next post I promise!

This weekend I went to see two movies and I just felt the need to talk about them as soon as possible. I took some an outfit photo of myself for the movie I saw on friday.


There's an upclose of my earings. I just forgot to snap a photo of my shoes.

I love that dress.

Anyways, Friday I went with my mom and a bunch of ladies from the beautyshop where she works to see Magic Mike.

To tell you how this movie went I'm just going to say that you see Channing Tatum's butt, not even five minutes into the film. There was a small section of the movie that got cut out, the power flicked off, and so at the end of the movie we were all given readmission tickets.

I have to say the most interesting part of the night was not the movie. It was when we were at applebee's beforehand. We were all sitting there drinking our drinks having a good time talking when we hear:

EEEE EEEEE EEEE.

 Like the weather alert sound you hear on a television, well we were looking around and there was nothing coming from the t.v.'s. It was then mom realized it was coming from the weather channel app on her phone. It was alerting us that there was a Tornado warning in effect and to take shelter now.

Not five minutes after that, the power went off. Not even the pop machines were working, as our waiter so nicely told us. She also told us that we could leave and she doubted we'd even be charged for our drinks. But we waited, the movie was going to be playing at the theater across the street, which was also out of power, we could tell due to the fact that there were people piling out of it. About twenty minutes later the power came back on, ten minutes after that we got to order, and it was a good time after that.

Also during the previews before Magic Mike there was a trailer for this movie:


Now normally I've been getting tired of all of the "glee" type movies and shows, but this looks good.

Scooting right along, Saturday was mom's birthday and Nic came home from boyscout camp. So everyone was in a good celebratory mood.

Yesterday aka Monday, I went with Alana and Dorri to see a movie I have been raving about since the day I first found out it was going to be created. I had been so pumped and I was not dissappointed.

source

I loved Brave. It pulled on your emotions like only disney and pixar know how. The animation was beautiful, the storyline was well done, there was good character developement. I just cannot say enough about this movie. I felt a love and connection to every character, the settings were beautifully done, and I think Merida may be my new favorite disney princess. I cannot wait to add this movie to my collection. If I had enough itunes money I would purchase the soundtrack. There are a few other animated movies that will be coming out in the next year or so and I cannot wait for them either. They all look wonderful. I am impressed.

I won't say much more about this movie, I want everyone to experience it for themselves. The only thing I will say, is that it will make you want to go home and hug your mom.

Also, there is a short before Brave called La Luna, it's also very well done. I felt the need to mention it, it's cute and kind of beautiful in it's own way. Out of both of the movies I saw this weekend I would definitely suggest seeing Brave, I'm not saying Magic Mike was bad, but Brave was better.


2 comments:

  1. lovelovelove the dress! and yes I've heard so many great things about this movie!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fantastic in that dress! Thanks for the movie trailer,it does look GOOD! I really need to go see a movie, it has been so long!

    Come visit me at www.lusciousmarielley.blogspot.com

    lets be friends:)

    ReplyDelete