Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My Vacation and an Update!

I've been gone a terribly long time, my goal this summer was to concentrate a lot on my blog. Obviously things did not goes as planned. I really don't know what happened, this summer just kind of ran away from me. I got caught up in the excitement of seeing my old friends again, and everything else just got away from me. It wasn't until the other day when I realized I how long it had been since I last posted. I'm hoping that with this semester starting back up soon that I can get myself on a better schedule and be able to post more often.

And, before I say anything else I am not making promises, I probably won't post on a certain schedule, I'll try to post at the very least twice a month. I don't know what those posts will be about. But, I do have a few planned for the near future.

That all being said finally, as promised, here are some photos and whatnot of my family vacation to the Outer Banks.



La Vida Loca was the house that we had rented. Even though you only see the one car there, really both my family and my aunt and uncle's family were there. Making a total of ten people sharing this house. Although that sounds like it could get old fast, we had a blast. I loved spending time with my family for that entire week, I wish it had lasted longer. On a side note, any time any of us mentioned the house name we all started belting out Livin La Vida Loca. We are a bunch of nuts.



The one day we braved a trip to the world's tallest brick lighthouse. We had actually gotten there way to early and had all gotten soaked in the rain as we picked up seashells on the beach near here. I just wish I had written down how many steps the way up the lighthouse was. It was crazy.

Later that afternoon we had eaten some really good shrimp and then celebrated my brother's eleventh birthday.

Sadly all of the cakes we could find on the island looked way too girly, so we had to suffer by eating a giant chocolate chip cookie thing instead. In all honesty though, Nic loved it better than a cake, I think we all did, the ten of us had it gone in like ten minutes.



The beach itself had been wonderful, not too crowded, and incredibly well taken care of. The first few days of being there had been the best. We were all bummed when the last half of vacation we couldn't really go down unless we wanted to be blasted with sand. It hurt like a mofo, I wish I was joking. I think I remember my mom saying that winds were thirty miles an hour, or something along those lines. I wish I could share more pictures, lord knows I do have a bunch of my family but I don't know how much they'd appreciate that. So for their sakes I will not.


This has definitely got to be one of my favorite photos of the whole trip, lord knows why. I think it might just be the simplicity of it.

Anyway that's all for today. I really do hope to have another post soon. Until then I'd just like to say Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment