Friday, August 24, 2012

Book Review: Immortal Beloved and Darkness Falls

 
 
Ugh, my only regret right now is that I didn't write this as soon as I was done reading these, I finished them over a month ago and have just not gotten around to writing it. I'm kind of sorry I just don't feel like I can give these the proper review I could have but I'm going to give it a shot anyway.
 
 
As I said before in a previous post this was the second time that I had read this. It was not any easier the second time. For some reason both times it took me forever to get into this, this time it was at least two weeks of me struggling to keep myself  into the book. I do promise though after you get halfway through it, you do finally get hooked. The last half of this book definitely leaves you wanting more, which is great, but I think it'd been better had the whole book been like that. I have to say I was not impressed by the writing in this book and I found the main character frustrating. There are a lot of interesting aspects to this book mainly being the organic living they kind of get into. I found the idea of it absolutely lovely, I'd really love to live in a place like that. I will say again as the book goes on, it does get better, you do become very connected in what's going on and ended very well.
 
 
This book, was so much better done then the first. I'm not sure if it was because I read it immediatly after rereading the first one, but I definitely did not have that lag of not wanting to get into it. In fact if I remember correctly I tore through this in about two or three days. The main character again was frustrating. I just wanted to scream at her and smack her around a little bit, no a lot... She was absolutely ugh. That's all I can say about her she was an idiot. Also, on a side note, I seem to like books where I find myself frustrated with the main character, maybe it's because I'm feeling that emotional connection between it I don't know. I do know a couple things though, I do feel like the writing has improved as it happens with most authors and that again I was left with the want of reading the next one. Eternally Yours is definitely saved on my list of books to get.
 
I'd love to go into my opinions more on some of the characters, but I don't feel like that would be right. I don't want to spoil it for anyone. I'd love to have discussions with those who have read it, so if you want feel free to comment below with questions or opinions on these books!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment